This year's Superhike will take place on September 30, 2016. It will be a five mile walk that will serve to generate funds for school activities not covered by tuition and to express school spirit. As always, the school appreciates the generosity of the Covington Catholic community in supporting this fundraiser.
The process is:
- Pledge sheets will be passed out in homeroom. Date will be Thursday, September 8, 2016 or Friday, September 9, 2016.
- Students are required to turn in pledge sheets on or before the Monday the week of the walk.
- Students report to school at regular time the day of the walk and first go to homeroom.
- Homeroom attendance is taken. All students get a Superhike t-shirt
- Following homeroom, there will be a rosary service. After the service, students and faculty will be dismissed by classes to do the hike.
- There is no dress code, but t-shirts with offensive sayings and earrings are not allowed.
- Teachers are assigned a group to moderate. Some teachers who cannot walk will check in students or be at check-in stations. They will stamp the students’ forms.
- After the hike is over (about 11:00-11:30) students are dismissed.
- Super Hike t-shirts should be worn
- Generally, we do not cancel for rain
- No frisbees, rollerblades, skateboards, or backpacks.
- No cell phones. Portable electronic devices are allowed.
- Water bottles and snacks are permitted but discouraged due to litter factor.
- Students are dismissed from school after they have completed the walk and checked in.
Students who fail to turn in a pledge sheet and money on time are subject to detention.
Prizes: All students who collect $80 or more win a $15 credit to the spirit shop. The top three students in the school will win cash prizes of $100, $50 and $25 respectively. (A minimum of $200 must be collected to win the cash awards.)