Covington Catholic is located in Park Hills, Kentucky, only 5 minutes south of Downtown Cincinnati and easily accessed by I-75.
ADDRESS: 1600 DIXIE HIGHWAY, PARK HILLS, KY 41011
- Follow I-75 south from Cincinnati.
- Take the 3rd exit from the river (Exit #189) Kyles Lane.
- Turn right on Kyles Lane/KY-1072.
- Turn right onto Dixie Highway/US-25/US-42.
- Go to the 4th stop light and our campus is on the left. (Please do not enter the first access to the campus at the 3rd light, this is exit only)
- Take Exit # 80 - KY-17 exit
- Turn Left onto Madison Pike/KY-17 N.
- Turn Left onto Highland Pike/Avenue (UDF on corner).
- Highland Avenue becomes Kyles Lane/KY-1072.
- Turn right onto Dixie Highway/US-25/US-42.
- Go to the 4th stop light and our campus is on the left. (Please do not enter at the 3rd light as this access is for exiting only)
The Academic Building opened for classes on September 15, 2003 replacing the old structure that had served the CCH community for over 50 years. The three story facility incorporates the best in educational technologies throughout the building. It features 24 standard classrooms, 4 Science Labs, 2 Art Rooms, 2 Computer Labs, a Language Lab, a Graphic Arts/CAD Lab, a Media Room, and a large multi-purpose room. In addition to the excellent academic facilities, there is a beautiful Chapel that accommodates up to 150 students, a spacious cafeteria, a Spirit Shop with the latest CCH apparel and novelty items, 2 Conference rooms and numerous offices for Administration, Guidance, Technology, and Development.
The Gymnasium is the oldest complex on the campus and is the last remaining building from the 1954-55 move of the school from Covington to Park Hills. Originally attached to the old school it became a stand alone facility during demolition of the old building in 2002. During construction of the new academic building a new foyer named Kenny and Brian Williams Championship Way was added to the front of the gym to accommodate a new concession facility, a referee locker room, and restrooms. The walls of the foyer are utilized to recognize CCH Hall of Fame Athletes, the athletic record holders, and other major athletic accomplishments. Inside, the gym is home to the famous “Colonel Crazies” who make every home game a special event. The gym seats approximately 1300.
The Schott Sports Center is the newest building on campus and was dedicated by Bishop Foys in the spring of 2009. The two story building has a large weight room, batting cages, two locker rooms with a total of 149 lockers, coaches’ offices, trainer’s room, and public restrooms. The building is used primarily by the soccer and cross country teams in the fall and by baseball and track teams in the spring. The weight room is utilized year round by all teams except football.
The Knochelman Building was originally completed in 1988. It was built to accommodate the football and baseball teams and included lockers for both teams, a weight room, a batting cage, and offices for the coaches. With the growth in the number of athletes in the two sports it was recently converted to a football only facility. Currently it houses 141 lockers for the football team, an expanded weight room, a coaches’ office, a conference room as well as showers, restrooms, and storage.
Wooten Field at Dennis Griffin Stadium underwent complete renovations that finished in 2017, including new turf, pressbox, and stands, as well permanent lights for the first time in CCH History. The stadium is home for the football and soccer teams. In the summer of 2003 the grass field was converted to a synthetic turf with field markings for both sports. In the spring the field is also used for club lacrosse. The field is surrounded by a 400 meter, 6 lane, all-weather track. The stadium has seating for approximately 2800.
Jerry Collins Field at Tom Berger Stadium is home to the baseball team. Situated at the highest point on the campus, and surrounded by trees, it is a perfect setting for a high school game. The field has irregular dimensions with a wooden home run wall that mimics major league stadiums. The field has a fully functional press box, scoreboard, batting cages, fenced in bullpens, and seating for 500 fans.
The Yung Family Tennis Complex was added in 2015, with the help of numerous generous supporters. These six beautiful courts, fencing and shelter enable CovCath to not only practice in a top facility, but to host regional and other tournaments at our home.
The Grotto was dedicated in the spring of 2009 to Mary the Mother of God and the Marianist Brothers who founded Covington Catholic. The Grotto was constructed with over 1400 volunteer hours and serves as a sanctuary to the Blessed Virgin and a place of prayer and reflection for students. The stone for the statue of Mary came from a quarry in Italy and was carved by the same sculptors as the Vatican statues. The grotto is the most significant outside display of reverence to Mary on the school property.