COLONEL YOUTH FOOTBALL (CYF)
2020 CYF Sign Ups will run from March 1st thru April 30.
Walk in Sign Up day will be Saturday, April 25th from 11 to 1 at CCH in the Gym Foyer.
Teams and Coaches will be determined once we know our numbers. The Leagues are formed during May and June so please sign up now!
The CYF and GCYL release forms can be turned in during the first week of Practice. Practice will start around the 1st of August.
If you have any questions about the CYF, please contact President Bob Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boys whose families are members of any Catholic parish in the Diocese of Covington are eligible to play for Colonels Youth Football in the GCYL (whether attending a Catholic parish school or not). The NKMSFL the Player must attend a Parish School.
CYF will have four Teams for Fall 2019:
- 7th / 8th Grade (GCYL)
- 7th Grade Only (NKMSFL) - Player must attend a Catholic School in the Diocese of Covington
- 5th / 6th Grade (GCYL)
- 3rd / 4th Grade (GCYL)
3/4, 5/6 & 7/8 will be playing in the Greater Catholic Youth League or the GCYL. The 7th Grade Team will play in the Northern Kentucky Middle School Football League (NKMSFL).
The CYF teaches "Heads Up Football" for player safety and all Coaches are certified with USA Football.
For information on CYF or signups, email the CYF President at email@example.com.
GREATER CATHOLIC YOUTH LEAGUE (GCYL)
CYF plays Cincinnati parish schools that will become the GCL in high school football (Moeller, Elder, St. X, LaSalle, Roger Bacon, etc.).
Guiding Principles of the GCYL:
- Catholic based - Live it and exhibit it
- True non profit with complete transparency
- A league dedicated to young people who participate in it. An organization to provide structure and fairness to the schools who are affiliated.
- Committed to supporting and preserving parish programs of all sizes under one league entity city wide.
- A league governed by an elected board of officials who provide each parish an opportunity to offer suggestions to change for the betterment of the kids who play in it.
- Commitment to support parish booster organizations that presently do not have programs with an eye on creating parish based football opportunities for potential players.
- Recognition of existing established programs in good standing with their existing leagues - NO ONE will be excluded.
- GCYL is committed to providing an exceptional experience for our parish families.
These represent the standards set by the league for all 2,500 kids and families who participate in the GCYL.