Superhike is roughly a 5 mile hike which is scheduled for Friday, September 28, 2018. Students are required to have money turned in in order to participate. The minimum pledge is $35 per student or $60 per family. The intention is for students to get pledges from members outside their families.
All students are required to participate. If a student is physically unable to participate, he will be given an alternate responsibility during that time. Those students who do not turn their money in by the due date will stay at the school and do a service project. Students will be dismissed at the conclusion of the hike (around 11:30-12:00).
Sept. 4th - all mentor groups will introduce the Superhike directions and get t-shirt sizes.
Sept. 11th - pledges will begin - pledge sheets passed out in mentor groups and online giving link will be live on our website
Sept. 14th - t-shirt designs due to Mrs. Young
Sept. 21st - pledges due - $35 per student or $60 per family
Sept 28th - SUPERHIKE - t-shirts and punch cards will be passed out in mentor groups before the hike
New this year:
- We will start the hike by column - the column with the most pledges will start first, least amount of pledges starts last.
- Chaminade is organizing a water balloon competition to take place halfway through the hike at Drees Pavilion. (Scoring 100-80-60-40-20)
- Points will be awarded to the column with the most overall money brought in. (Scoring 100-80-60-40-20)
- Pledge money is due before the hike on Sept. 21st - have any students with cash or checks take them to the office in an envelope with their name on it
- minimum amount to walk has been raised from $30 to $35 for individuals and $50 to $60 for families
Day of the hike:
- 7:45 - students report to mentor groups and change into t-shirts and receive punch cards
- 8:00 - rosary in gym - led by senior column leaders
- 8:30 - first place column is called to begin the hike
- Water balloon toss and snack at Drees Pavilion - led by Chaminade
- Return to Cov Cath - turn in punch cards
- 11:30 - 12:00 Dismissal
Cell phones allowed - please be responsible
Water bottles and snacks are permitted - discourage litter
No frisbees, rollerblades, skateboards, balls, etc.
Dress for the weather - we will still walk in light rain, no offensive clothing, hats are permitted
- Students who fail to turn in a pledge sheet and money on time are subject to detention.